Kemp & Kemp: Quantum of Damages is the definitive authority on quantum relating to personal injury claims. It has been completely updated by a new author team led by General Editor William Norris QC. The editors’ expertise in both claimant and defendant practice is reflected in the balanced analysis provided in the looseleaf.
Authoritative guidance on every aspect of quantum:-
- Provides comprehensive guidance on every aspect of quantum in personal injury claims
- Enables you to assess, advise on and proceed with, or defend, a PI claim for damages
- Deals with every kind of PI claim in one reference source, from clinical negligence to psychiatric injury and fatal accidents to criminal injuries compensation
- Offers objective guidance with a balanced approach, covering both claimant and defendant viewpoints, so that you can anticipate the other side’s moves more easily
- Deals with both general damages (PSLA) and special damages, considering the impact of tax, benefits, expenses and investment management
- Explains complex awards types such as structured settlements, periodical payments, interim damages and provisional damages
- Deals with procedural matters relating to quantum including evidence, with detailed coverage of medical evidence so you can make sure procedures are complied with and the technicalities are clear
Plus a comprehensive selection of cases, tools and materials:-
- All the data you need to quantify a claim with a comprehensive range of Calculation and Awards Tables including the 5th edition of the Ogden Tables
- Worked examples of schedules and counter schedules
- All the relevant materials, including Statutes, Statutory Instruments, Practice Directions, CPR, Protocols and Codes of Practice
- An unrivalled selection of case digests, providing case precedents for every type of claim, now with user-friendly classifications and key facts, plus Heil v Rankin award updates
- Tables of awards in each injury-type case digest section show both original award and current value of the award, updated with each release
- JSB Guidelines in full, updated bi-annually.